Location: Los Angeles, CA
Min. Experience: Entry Level
The Copywriter Internship at Uptown Treehouse is the author of ideas. This individual has a flair for words and will bring the essence of an idea to life through a simple turn of phrase. The job is fast-paced – from learning how to edit tweets to assisting to write concepts for pitch decks and scripting videos. This gig requires someone who is passionate, flexible, and loves to think on the fly.
Essential Job Functions:
- Brainstorm, create, and transform ideas into words for client and agency creative projects.
- Assist editorial for client items, including social media content calendars, presentations, and pitch decks for campaign and project briefs.
- Research and understand client’s brand, product, and campaign details in order to learn how to draft compelling ideas that meet objectives and engage target audiences.
- Collaborate with Art Designers to build concepts into actionable ideas that can be pitched to clients.
- Contribute to all agency outlets, including but not limited to: the agency website, blog, and social media accounts.
- Collaborate with Content Leaders to identify, ideate, and take advantage of real-time, trending opportunities for clients in the social media landscape.
- Support Production with pertinent communication and details related to the production of ideas.
- Research and explore new mediums, methods, and philosophies of communication that can be applied to client or agency initiatives.
- Contribute to media materials for the agency including, but not limited to: press releases, social posts, and blog or news articles.
- 1 year of experience in an editorial or copywriting role, preferred.
- Must be a creative thinker who continuously searches for innovative ideas to engage social audiences.
- Demonstrates strong writing and editing skills, as well as and an understanding of effective practices specific to digital and social media.
- Must be a self-starter in terms of research and staying on top of the latest and greatest trends in creative, digital, mobile, and social media.
- Relishes working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We move quick here!
- Strong skills with creative tools including but not limited to Photoshop, InDesign, and Flash.
- Ability to work within deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, think quickly, and work as part of a team.
- Experience writing within the finance and tech industries preferred.